Cranberry Corn Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup cranberries, halved
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 255 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2017
Best recipe ever! We ate it like cake on Thanksgiving and I made a second one with turkey soup. It went just as fast. Loved it! Thanks
Nov 26, 2013
Excellent recipe. I used my food processor to chop up the cranberries. I also substituted half the flour with wheat flour.