Cranberry Corn Bread Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Place cranberries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the muffin mix, onion powder and sage. In another bowl, whisk the egg, corn and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, orange zest and cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake uncovered at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Freeze option: Cool baked corn bread in pan; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Reheat corn bread 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 216 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 11, 2018
Couldn't taste the 1/4 tsp sage this recipe called for and wish I had added more. Recipe was okay, but I need more flavor.
Jan 2, 2018
This was such a strange combination, but I just had to try it. So glad I did, it's really very good. Not a huge sage fan, so upped the orange a little and added a tiny bit of honey. Everyone likes it.
Apr 13, 2016
something different i liked it alot
Feb 17, 2014
Dec 31, 2012
i'm a sucker for any type of corn bread - this one didn't disappoint. loved it.
Sep 5, 2011
This was very good but a little on the heavy side.