Cranberry Corn Bread Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Place cranberries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the muffin mix, onion powder and sage. In another bowl, whisk the egg, corn and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, orange zest and cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake uncovered at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Freeze option: Cool baked corn bread in pan; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Reheat corn bread 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 216 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 2, 2018
This was such a strange combination, but I just had to try it. So glad I did, it's really very good. Not a huge sage fan, so upped the orange a little and added a tiny bit of honey. Everyone likes it.
Apr 13, 2016
something different i liked it alot
Feb 17, 2014
Dec 31, 2012
i'm a sucker for any type of corn bread - this one didn't disappoint. loved it.
Sep 5, 2011
This was very good but a little on the heavy side.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.