- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup cranberries, halved
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Corn Bread
"Excellent recipe. I used my food processor to chop up the cranberries. I also substituted half the flour with wheat flour."