- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add the broth, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add almonds and cranberries.
- Cover and simmer 9-11 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Confetti Rice
"My husband and I love this rice; however, we find the 2/3 cup chicken broth does not provide enough liquid. I usually increase the amount by 1 cup."