Dried cranberries lend a splash of color to this appealing recipe. “I think it makes a great side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas,” says Lora Billmire of Spokane, Washington.
Recommended: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add the broth, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add almonds and cranberries.
- Cover and simmer 9-11 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Rice in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p24
Reviews forCranberry Confetti Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2009
"My husband and I love this rice; however, we find the 2/3 cup chicken broth does not provide enough liquid. I usually increase the amount by 1 cup."