- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and apples are tender. Add the peaches and apricots; heat through. Stir in pecans; serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews forCranberry Compote
"I have been making this recipe for holiday dinners since it was published 15 years ago.Everyone loves it. It is fast, easy, and makes the house smell wonderful not to mention it is delicious. There is NO reason for canned cranberry sauce EVER again!"
"This became my all-time favorite several years ago. I absolutely love to make this for this time of year. The canned fruits are easily substituted so you can use what you might have on hand. Pears work nicely."
"I made this last year and it instantly became a family favorite!"
"My mother-n-law loved this! It has an old fashioned flavor similar to canned spiced apples only better."
"I first made this recipe over 10 years ago, and it is still a hit. I am ask to make it every Thanksgiving. I always omit the orange peel because to me it has a bitter taste."
"Wonderful Flavor! I did make a few changes though..I was out of orange juice so I used cherry juice, & I did not have golden raisins so I used dried currents! Very happy with the way this turned out!"
"It's a hit everytime I make it for family or friends. It is festive in a clear bowl as suggested."