Cranberry Cinnamon Applesauce
My grandson Geoff likes hot applesauce, so I've come up with one that looks as good as it tastes. It could also be served in a tall dessert dish, garnished with a cinnamon stick. —Sue Peterson, Newville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 cups
- 3 pounds apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, cranberries, juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Mash until sauce is desired consistency. Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
Originally published as warm cranberry applesauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.