Cranberry Chutney Crostini
Cranberry-topped crostinis look very attractive on a holiday appetizer buffet. Every bite has the perfect balance of sweet, tart and savory flavors.—Cheryl Woodson, Liberty, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Minced chives, optional
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Add 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add walnuts and remaining water; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until berries pop and chutney is thickened.
- Meanwhile, place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine cream cheese and Gorgonzola until smooth. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons over each bread slice; top each with 1 tablespoon chutney. Sprinkle with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 91 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.