Cranberry-Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk the eggs, egg whites, sugar substitute, applesauce, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Spread into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 135 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2010
I was disappointed in these bars. I was expecting something sweeter and richer. I probably won't make them again,
Aug 10, 2009
I really like these, although I do use sugar rather than sweetener.