Cranberry-Chocolate Ice Cream
Cranberry are a wonderful tasting berry so incorporating when in an ice cream was a no-brainer. The sweetness of the chocolate is also yummy.—Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coursely chopped or 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cranberries and orange juice until cranberries pop, about 8 minutes. Place in food processor or blender; add extract and pulse for about 5 minutes or until coarsely chopped. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; fold in cranberry mixture and chocolate. Serve immediately or cover and freeze.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 170 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry-Chocolate Ice Cream in Country Woman November/December 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.