Cranberry Chocolate Cookies with a Kick
This one's a cookie that makes you stop in your tracks to figure out what that delicious flavor is on the back of your palate.—Shalana Patout, Rozet, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur or strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and liqueur. Bring just to a simmer; remove from heat. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter on high in 30-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth (mixture will be thick). Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla on high until thickened, about 3 minutes; beat in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and seasonings; fold into sugar mixture just until combined. Fold in cranberry mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are shiny and tops are crackly. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.