I've been using this rich pecan pie recipe for 30 years, changing it up when the mood strikes. We love it any way I make it! It's awesome baked a day ahead, too. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed, chopped
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Whisk together eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and spices. Sprinkle cranberries and chocolate chips onto bottom of crust; top with egg mixture. Arrange pecans over filling.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is golden brown and filling is puffed, 40-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017