- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and cumin
- Tortilla chips
- Place the cranberries, sugar, chilies, cilantro, onions, lime juice, peel and spices in a food processor; cover and pulse just until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; chill until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews forCranberry Chili Salsa
"This is the best salsa I've ever had. I make it for every BBQ. Love it!"
"Whoops! I forgot to rate it.....FIVE STARS BABY!!!"
"I served this as an appetizer at Thanksgiving and at my bible study group. It was a total hit! I was a little afraid that it was too hot when I sampled it right after I made it, but after it was in the fridge overnight, the flavors melded so well. I made it exactly as the recipe called for, except that I put the whites of the onions in the food processor (I used my blender), but reserved the green tops to mix in after it was blended; to add to the color and texture. Great recipe! Don't be afraid to try it!"
"This is the best. I am not a fan of cranberries and absolutly loved this."
"Wow! What an explosion of different flavors in your mouth. I forgot to add the grated lime peel, but it was still exceptional. I used an entire bunch of cilantro (before it wilted) and just love it. I wonder if this will freeze nicely. I'd like to make a bunch while fresh cranberries are still available."
"La Salsa mexican restaurants in Calif make something similar for the holidays...oh so good!!! I make something like your recipe...only I use canned cranberry sauce"
"This is absolutely delicious! I have a blender and found it hard to keep the salsa chunkiness, so I may hand chop at least half the cranberries next time and add in. I make homemade tortilla chips by cutting 96% fat free tortillas into wedges and baking in a 350' oven for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. I will be looking for more opportunities to serve this over the holidays!"