- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first six ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add meatballs; cook for 20-25 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Editor's Note: To prepare in a slow cooker, heat sauce ingredients as directed. Add sauce and meatballs to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forCranberry Chili Meatballs
"Excellent meatballs - everybody loved them. I have a recipe to make my own meatballs. I think the recipe could be improved by using that homemade meatballs. Otherwise, good, easy, and I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers!"
"EVERYONE LOVED THEM!"
"My husband hates cranberries but loves these meatballs. I make these all the time for the family. They are a big hit at our potlucks at work, too."
"Anyone have specifics on what type / brand of chili sauce works best?"
"Huge hit! Super easy! Now my go-to for everything. Thank you for sharing."
"These disappeared in no time."
"E everyone enjoyed these! I only used the cranberries and chili sauce."
"I made this for our annual Christmas party and EVERYONE asked for the recipe! Our old standby meatball recipe (the one with grape jelly), just got replaced!!! And In Canada, I was able to buy gluten free Angus beef meatballs (President's Choice Blue Menu), so everyone could enjoy them!!!! Great recipe and SO easy!"
"I add an 8 oz can of undrained crushed pineapple and only 1/4 c brown sugar."