Cranberry Chiffon Pie
After hearty Thanksgiving meal where most of us eat too much, it's nice to offer this refreshing light dessert. The rosy color is a nice addition to the table. —Iva Combs, Medford, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry or strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and orange zest. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour. Fold in whipped cream. pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 420 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Chiffon Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001