Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light
- 8 dinner rolls
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cranberries, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Stir in Miracle Whip.
- 2. Cut tops off rolls; hollow out each roll, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Line each with a lettuce leaf; fill with chicken salad. Replace tops.
2 each: 354 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Jan 3, 2015
This is a quick, easy lunch recipe to make with leftover chicken (breast and legs). I skipped the onions and added some crunchiness with about 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. I prefer to add a little bit of "acidity", using some chopped tomatoes. This made a good combination. I will pack lunches with this recipe.
May 1, 2011
I made these for a special luncheon. Everyone thought they were great. I used the canned chunk chicken. It worked great. I will make these again.
Feb 27, 2011
When I made this I didn't have any cooked chicken or celery, so I used a 13 oz can of chicken (shredded) and added 1 TB of sunflower kernels, 1 TB of coconut and some chopped pecans.
The onion flavor was a little strong, but everyone really liked the sandwich. It made a nice lettuce wrap sandwich also.
This was quick and easy to put together for an after church lunch.
Jan 20, 2010
I love the flavor of this chicken salad, and I’m not usually a fan of cranberries. I frequently make this to use up leftover chicken. I just use whatever off-brand of light mayo I have. And, most of the time, I omit the celery and replace it with more onion.