“This recipe takes chicken to new heights. Combining some of our favorite ingredients, it’s a real hit with everyone I serve it to. Try it; you’ll love it!” Charlene Chambers - Ormond Beach, FL
Recommended: Recipes with Cranberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup orange segments
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 large lettuce leaves
- With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the chicken breast to form a pocket. Place thyme sprigs under the skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and slice chicken. Place the cranberries, orange segments and sugar in a small food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Cut focaccia in half horizontally. Layer with cheese, lettuce, cranberry mixture, chicken and pecans; replace top. Cut into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chicken Focaccia in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p31
Reviews forCranberry Chicken Focaccia
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2014
"We changed alot with this recipe and it still only had a mild flavor."