Cranberry Chicken Focaccia
“This recipe takes chicken to new heights. Combining some of our favorite ingredients, it’s a real hit with everyone I serve it to. Try it; you’ll love it!” Charlene Chambers - Ormond Beach, FL
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup orange segments
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread, split
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 large lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- With fingers, carefully loosen skin from each chicken breast to form a pocket. Place thyme sprigs under the skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and slice chicken. Place the cranberries, orange segments and sugar in a small food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Layer bread bottom with cheese, lettuce, cranberry mixture, chicken and pecans; replace top. Cut into six wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Chicken Focaccia Sandwiches with Pecan Goat Cheese in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.