Cranberry Chicken Dinner
This meal in one pan combines chicken breasts with frozen sugar snap peas and leftover spiced cranberry sauce. For an easy dinner anytime, use a can of whole-berry cranberry sauce instead. "I prepared this over the holidays and it was so good," writes Sally Huzyak of Incline Village, Nevada.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar 'n' Spice Cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Arrange the onions and peas in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the cranberries, pecans, oil and soup mix; spoon over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 649 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Chicken Dinner in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Nov 23, 2015
This is a wonderful recipe! It's a 2 in one recipe, as the recipe for the spiced cranberry sauce is great, too! I thought I'd lost this one, and am so happy to find itl