Cranberry Chevre Lollipops
Get a little creative with cranberries and the fryer. These two-bite pops have a creamy goat cheese filling, an outer crispy crunch and a dipping sauce that will make 'em say wow! —Elinor Ives, Fiskdale, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes4-1/2 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 2/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1-inch strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, mustard, honey and cayenne; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the goat cheese, cranberries, rosemary and thyme. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pistachios. Dip cheese balls in eggs, then bread crumb mixture. Wrap a prosciutto strip around the center of each ball; secure with a wooden appetizer skewer.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry appetizers, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.