Cranberry Cherry Sweetheart Dessert
For dessert, present this sweet-tart combination of cherry pie filling and fresh cranberries. Individual servings of the warm fruit mixture are garnished with pretty pastry crust hearts.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the pie filling and cranberries. Spoon into four ungreased 6-oz. baking dishes. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, cut eight hearts from pastry with a 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over hearts. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place two hearts on each dessert. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 541 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 101g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sweetheart Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 2005