Cranberry Cherry Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. Add water to juice to measure 1 cup; transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add cherry gelatin; stir until dissolved. Whisk in cranberry sauce until smooth. Add cherries; pour into an 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Gradually beat in lemon gelatin until smooth. Stir in pineapple.
- Refrigerate until almost set. Fold in whipped cream and marshmallows. Spoon over cherry layer. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 279 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 14, 2011
I've been making this cranberry cherry salad for years. Plan to serve it with our Thanksgiving dinner. Delicious!!!
Nov 7, 2009
Tasty but a bit disappointing. Too sweet bottom layer even with SF gelatin. I would use only 1/2 can jellied cranberry sauce next time. Also the lemon jellow top layer doesn't look like the photo's white layer. I had to top with a whip cream layer and nuts.