- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. Add water to juice to measure 1 cup; transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add cherry gelatin; stir until dissolved. Whisk in cranberry sauce until smooth. Add cherries; pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Gradually beat in lemon gelatin until smooth. Stir in pineapple. Refrigerate until almost set. Fold in whipped cream and marshmallows. Spoon over cherry layer. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Cherry Salad
"Tasty but a bit disappointing. Too sweet bottom layer even with SF gelatin. I would use only 1/2 can jellied cranberry sauce next time. Also the lemon jellow top layer doesn't look like the photo's white layer. I had to top with a whip cream layer and nuts."