Cranberry-Cherry Nut Pie Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, mix first eight ingredients.
- 2. Unroll one pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter.
- 3. Unroll remaining pastry sheet onto a work surface; cut vents using a floured cookie cutter. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 4. Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cover edge with foil during the last 30 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 482 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Cherry Nut Pie
"Perfect!I had leftover homemade cranberry sauce and some frozen sweet cherries so I used what I had. I only added .25 cups sugar and it came out perfect. Thanks!"
"One of the best pies I've made. easy to make"
"I made this with an extra cup of cranberries and left out the nuts. Also made a crumb topping instead of the crust suggested, using1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup margarine and 3/4 cup flour. It was wonderful and gone fast!!!"
"Everyone thought this was the best recipe they ever tasted in a pie...great combination. I left out the nuts for my allergic friends and they gobbled it up! Will definitely make this a new tradition!"
"Really yummy. Everyone loved it because it had the little tartness from the cranberries and the crunch of the nuts (which I toasted first)"
"Very easy & Very Delicious!"
"SO easy and SO beautiful!! Baked at 375 for 40 minutes --beries peeking out around edges!! River House Condo neighbors in Daytona Beach FL will LOVE THIS ONE!!"
"This Recipe is everything you feel and think about Fall in your mouth! I know your saying "what" right now...but trust me this pie is AMAZING!"
"I made this simple yet yummy pie! My husband says it is one of the best berry pies he has ever had!"