Cranberry-Cherry Lattice Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, cranberry sauce, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and cinnamon. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 467 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2014
Made this pie yesterday and it was great. I used a crumb topping instead of lattice. Everyone liked it. I made it using a light cherry pie filling and it was not to sweet. I will definitely make it again. Thanks.
Nov 22, 2012
Made this for Thanksgiving with three other pies. This was the least favorite. Everyone said it was way too sweet. I thought it was like eating a can super sweet cranberry sauce. Definitely not something we will make again.
Dec 24, 2011
I make this all the time when we want something sweet but not too much so! This is one you will use again and again!!
Dec 1, 2010
I am always asked to make this pie for all our holidays. My recipie seems to always disapear after one of our gatherings. I think that says something.
Nov 18, 2010
This has become our favorite pie, loving the sweet and tart combination. Simple to make but not simple taste. I am always asked for the recipe whenever I serve it.
Oct 19, 2010
This pie is outstanding!!! The simple addition of cranberries creates a delicious combination.
Mar 17, 2009
this pie is very easy to make and delicious! I use corn starch in place of the tapioca and it works great!