Cranberry-Cherry Lattice Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, cranberry sauce, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and cinnamon. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 467 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 9, 2014
Made this pie yesterday and it was great. I used a crumb topping instead of lattice. Everyone liked it. I made it using a light cherry pie filling and it was not to sweet. I will definitely make it again. Thanks.
Nov 22, 2012
Made this for Thanksgiving with three other pies. This was the least favorite. Everyone said it was way too sweet. I thought it was like eating a can super sweet cranberry sauce. Definitely not something we will make again.
Dec 24, 2011
I make this all the time when we want something sweet but not too much so! This is one you will use again and again!!
Dec 1, 2010
I am always asked to make this pie for all our holidays. My recipie seems to always disapear after one of our gatherings. I think that says something.
Nov 18, 2010
This has become our favorite pie, loving the sweet and tart combination. Simple to make but not simple taste. I am always asked for the recipe whenever I serve it.
Oct 19, 2010
This pie is outstanding!!! The simple addition of cranberries creates a delicious combination.
Mar 17, 2009
this pie is very easy to make and delicious! I use corn starch in place of the tapioca and it works great!