- 2 cups graham cracker or shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 5-8 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute. Stir in berries; cover and reduce heat. Cook until most of the berries have popped, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice. Press mixture through a sieve or food mill; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating just until blended. Add lemon juice. Pour into crust. Spoon 1/4 cup topping over filling; cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Turn oven off; let cheesecake stand in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack.
- Carefully run a knife around sides of pan to loosen. Pour remaining topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Cheesecake
"Great combination of sweet and tart."
"I have made this cheesecake several times and it always turns out perfect. I've served this one to probably different people and have received rav reviews. This recipe is one that friends and family frequently ask for. Well work the effort spent preparing the cranberries."