Ordinary cranberry sauce becomes extraordinary when spooned on top of a cheesecake filling inside a nutty crust. The recipe comes from our Test Kitchen.
Recommended: 50 Cranberry Recipes That'll Brighten Up Your Plate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, flour and sugar; cover and process until blended. Add butter; cover and process until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of four greased 4-in. tart pans with removable bottoms. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into crusts. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Just before serving, top with cranberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cheesecake Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p147
Reviews forCranberry Cheesecake Tartlets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2009
"I'm not a fan of cranberries, but this was a delicious mix of flavors!"