- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of a 10-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cranberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened and berries have popped. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in the sugar substitute.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup whipped topping until smooth; add lemon peel. Spread over pastry; top with cranberry mixture. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Cheesecake Tart
"I use the sauce for the traditional cheesecake I make and it's delicious!!"