Cranberry Cashew Fudge
What berries say “Christmas” more than cranberries? I add those little ruby-red gems to a simple nut fudge recipe, giving it a colorful and festive upgrade. —Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1-3/4 pounds (64 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil; grease foil with butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine milk, sugar and salt. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate and marshmallows until melted. Stir in cashews, cranberries and vanilla. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.