Cranberry Cashew Fudge
What berries say “Christmas” more than cranberries? I add those little ruby-red gems to a simple nut fudge recipe, giving it a colorful and festive upgrade. —Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1-3/4 pounds (64 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil; grease foil with butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine milk, sugar and salt. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate and marshmallows until melted. Stir in cashews, cranberries and vanilla. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Cashew and Cranberry Fudge in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.