Cranberry Cake Ring
This beautiful fruit and nut cake ring mixes tart red cranberries with spicy mace for a unique taste.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups ground fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground mace
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, milk and cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat 2 minutes longer. Combine the remaining ingredients; fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 173 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Cake Ring in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook