Cranberry Cake Ring
This beautiful fruit and nut cake ring mixes tart red cranberries with spicy mace for a unique taste.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups ground fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground mace
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, milk and cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat 2 minutes longer. Combine the remaining ingredients; fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 173 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Cake Ring in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.