Just in time for holiday breakfasts, Marlene Muckenhirn offers this easy four-ingredient berry and citrus spread. "It's great on toast or bagels," notes the Delano, Minnesota reader.
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and orange zest; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool.
- 2. Spoon cranberry mixture over butter.
1 tablespoon: 57 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC