Just in time for holiday breakfasts, Marlene Muckenhirn offers this easy four-ingredient berry and citrus spread. "It's great on toast or bagels," notes the Delano, Minnesota reader.
Recommended: 25 New Ideas for Thanksgiving Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter, orange peel and almond extract. Beat in the cranberry sauce until blended. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Butter in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p47