Cranberry Brownies in a Jar
I rarely attend a holiday open house without this brownie mix in tow. It makes a great hostess gift. To make a gift basket, include a 9-inch baking pan, wooden spoon and oven mitts.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes1 batch (about 4 cups total)
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a glass quart jar, layer the first seven ingredients in the order given. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
To Prepare Brownies: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add brownie mix and stir with a wooden spoon. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 216 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Brownies in a Jar in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004