- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil and water; beat until combined. Fold in pecans. Transfer to a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely. For filling, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cranberry juice and sugar until smooth. set aside 1 cup whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining topping into cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread over brownie. Stir cranberry sauce; carefully spread over the filling. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and pecan halves if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Brownie Torte
"Do not recommend. Taste of Home this is not a tried and true recipe. Made this for a party and was embarrassed. Not the usual hit that I have experienced many times in the past. Yuck!!"
"This recipe is good. All the flavors come together nicely. You just have to get past the texture of the cranberry topping. It tastes better the second day because it gets more moist and the cranberry flavor comes through to the brownie part."