Cranberry Brisket with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Place brisket in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cranberry sauce, ginger ale, cranberries and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 375° for 2 hours.
- Uncover; bake 1 hour longer or until meat is tender, basting occasionally. Meanwhile, place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; mash with milk, butter and horseradish. Let brisket stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain. Serve with cooking juices and mashed potatoes. Yield: 8 servings (1-2/3 cups gravy).
Reviews forCranberry Brisket with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
"The only Briskit I had ever eaten was smoked and slightly tough. We tried out this recipe for Easter 2010 and it was a hit! The meat was so tender it fell apart. The flavor from the cranberry was slightly sweet, the onion soup mix kept it from being too sweet, and the horseradish mashed potatoes were the perfect pairing Our guests thought they were eating something really fancy. The briskit went over so well, we repeated it at Thanksgiving 2010. A winner!"