Cranberry Brie Wontons
These wontons have the perfect balance between sweet and savory—your guests won't be able to stop popping them into their mouths!—Carolyn Cope, Boston, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed
- 72 wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange zest and nutmeg. Place 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 teaspoon cranberry mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with egg; fold opposite corners together over filling and press to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve desired amount immediately. Cool remaining wontons; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen wontons: Place frozen wontons on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 72 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Brie Wontons in Country Woman Christmas 2010