Cranberry Blue Cheese Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, apple and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2011
This is an AMAZING salad. My husband said it was his favorite salad ever. Thanks for the great recipe!
Oct 18, 2009
This has become a holiday tradition in our family. It's excellent with Thanksgiving dinner to balance all of the starchy side dishes.