Cranberry Blue Cheese Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, apple and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Jun 4, 2011
This is an AMAZING salad. My husband said it was his favorite salad ever. Thanks for the great recipe!
Oct 18, 2009
This has become a holiday tradition in our family. It's excellent with Thanksgiving dinner to balance all of the starchy side dishes.