Total TimePrep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1-2/3 cups warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add cranberries.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Roll or pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve a glaze consistency. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries if desired.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 198 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 23, 2014
The flavor was really good but I didn't like the texture of the rolls at all, they were really heavy and dry and the dough was difficult to work with. I'm going to try adding the cinnamon, dried cranberries and orange peel to another potato roll recipe I have used from this site that is light and fluffy. I think it will turn out much better.
Oct 13, 2011
Wow, I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet!! These are absolutely delicious around the holidays. They have a subtle, sweet flavor and a very light texture. With the glaze, they seem more fitted to a breakfast table, but I have left that off and served them up with dinner (NO complaints!) They are also good with honey butter.