Cranberry Biscuit Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- CRANBERRY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- In a large bowl, cut butter into biscuit mix until crumbly; stir in milk just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-15 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until smooth; stir in cranberries. To assemble sandwiches, split biscuits. Spread with cranberry butter and top with turkey; replace biscuit tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 223 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 2, 2013
I have made these so many times! They are so delicious and make a nice appetizer that men and women both enjoy!! I often make some with turkey and some with ham. I'm getting ready to make some for a wedding reception and will make some with chicken.
Apr 13, 2011
This was a great biscuit. I served it with chicken salad at a lunch with a friend. We both loved it. Will try with the turkey next time.
Dec 26, 2007
These sandwiches are delicious! I made them for a bridal shower and they were perfect. Easy to make ahead, too.