I've made this sauce every year I've cooked for my family. Recently I found a delightful mix that will surely become a tradition. You can use almost any seasonal fruit in this recipe —Michael Whalen, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine cranberries, 3/4 cup raspberries, 3/4 cup blueberries, sugar, water and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, until thickened, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining raspberries and blueberries.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
Originally published as Cranberry Chutney in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.