I've made this sauce every year I've cooked for my family. Recently I found a delightful mix that will surely become a tradition. You can use almost any seasonal fruit in this recipe —Michael Whalen, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine cranberries, 3/4 cup raspberries, 3/4 cup blueberries, sugar, water and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, until thickened, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining raspberries and blueberries.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
Originally published as Cranberry Chutney in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017