Cranberry BBQ Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in turkey; simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Nov 25, 2017
I used leftover homemade cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, and it worked just fine. I enjoyed this recipe very much; it was sweet and tangy, and a great way to use up two leftovers at once.
May 20, 2012
I created this recipe, it is really good just put on turkey like a gravy, it is also very good on pork ribs and chicken. Thank you for trying it, I am now Susan Matthews and living in North Carolina with my new hubby who loves my cooking!
Nov 10, 2011
I didn't like it when it was first done cooking. I made it in the afternoon so I could just reheat it at dinner time. At first, I could just taste the vinegar. When I reheated it later, it was perfect. There's a good balance of sweet and tangy.
Dec 2, 2009
This was ok.