- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas, beating well after each addition. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with cranberry sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; stir in butter. Sprinkle over cranberries. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Banana Coffee Cake
"It is so good. The only downside is the instructions saying to bake 45-50 minutes. I put it in the oven for 40 minutes and checked it with 12 minutes left. It was done. Make sure you know your oven for sure. 9x13 should be 25-28 minutes tops. I am glad I pulled it out when I did. It is so good and so easy to make. On a side note. I grabbed what I thought was a half cup, but it was 2/3 cup. So There were extra pecans on top. Everyone liked that so I will keep doing that."
"I did as the other reviewer and used quick oats in the topping since I had no nuts (and hubby doesn't like nuts IN his food). I thought the pan size would be too big since I've always made 8 x 8 coffee cakes, but it was just right. I used 3 bananas since the 2 old ones I was saving in the fridge were small. Now I have to eat the rest of the cranberry sauce out of the can :)."
"This recipe was just what I was looking for to use up that can of cranberry sauce in the pantry. This was very tasty! The only thing I changed was instead of the nuts I used the same amount of quick cooking oats since my kids are not big fans of nuts, this worked just fine. My kids ate it up and my Husband and I enjoyed it with coffee."