Cranberry Balsamic Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, sectioned
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, salad greens, oranges, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette, orange juice and zest. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cranberries and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 100 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 29, 2019
Flavorful and easy to make!
Jan 14, 2019
This is a nice combination of flavors for a salad. I actually used only spinach leaves for this, with no other greens. The combination of cranberry, citrus, feta, and balsamic really brought them to life. Would go good with any salad greens, but really popped with the spinach alone!
Jun 16, 2015
This is delicious!!!!! It has a nice tart/sweet combination with the oranges and cranberries. The feta cheese gives it a bit of saltiness. The second time I made it I used more spinach and less mixed greens because that's what I had on hand. It was just as good as the first time. My husband and I loved it.