Cranberry Apple Topping
A generous spoonful of this sweet-tart sauce is a tasty addition to chicken, turkey or pork. The ruby-red color lends a festive look to the meal, perfect for visitors.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours + cooling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until bubbly, 3-4 hours. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Cook, covered, until thickened, 30 minutes longer; cool.