A few convenience items hurry along prep of this speedy casserole from Nella Parker of Hersey, Michigan. A sweet-and-tangy fruit glaze tops canned sweet potatoes and apple pie filling with delicious results. Serve it alongside roasted meats or take it to a potluck.
Recommended: Recipes with Cranberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (2 pounds 8 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained and sliced
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Spread apple pie filling into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with sweet potato slices. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, preserves and marmalade; spread over potatoes. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Apple Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p29
Reviews forCranberry-Apple Sweet Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2010