- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage no longer pink; drain. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the stuffing cubes, apples, cranberries, almonds, sage, thyme, pepper, salt and enough cider to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Apple Stuffing
"Awesome recipe! Everyone raves about it when we make it. We've even made it with Gluten Free stuffing cubes and it's till delicious!"
"I thought this was very good, but my husband thought it was just ok. Admittedly, we used apple-chicken sausage instead of pork sausage since we had Thanksgiving guests who don't eat pork. While I was eating it, I kept thinking that bacon would have been a good addition to the stuffing, so it's probably better with real pork sausage. I also used pecans instead of almonds, since I don't like almonds. I did really love the addition of the pecans."
"" I made this for our huge Thanksgiving get together. The only thing I would have done differently was make 2 pans instead of one!! My family loved it and I will now make it a tradition."
"I have been making this recipe for the last 10 years and everyone keeps asking for it over and over!"
"This was very good. Could be a meal by itself."
"Different, but so good! Everyone loved it and I will make it again for sure!"
"Definitely will make this again."
"I didn't make the sausage with it, one of my diners was vegetarian. Everyone raved about it and wanted me to make it my regular stuffing for Thanksgiving."
"This is so good!"