- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cranberry juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg and pie spice; rub over chops. Pour 1/2 cup apple juice and 1/2 cup cranberry juice into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chops and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the apple, cranberries, salt and remaining juices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until chops and apple are tender, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCranberry-Apple Pork Chops
"My husband and I thought this recipe had good flavor and is healthy too."
"I doubled this recipe for my family of four, but we couldn't even finish the meal. The cranberries were so tart my mouth puckered up, and the cinnamon/nutmeg/pie spice rub made the chops taste even more bitter. Not a keeper."