- 2 cups shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine apples and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. Add cranberries, carrots, nuts, eggs and oil; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coriander if desired and salt; stir into apple mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCranberry Apple Muffins
"My honey doesn't care for cranberries, so I used only shredded carrots and apples. I also only used 1 cup of sugar (no need for more sugar because I omitted the cranberries), and one teaspoon each of baking powder and baking soda. I also added 1/3 cup rolled oats (not quick). I cooked the muffins 26 minutes. They came out a little darker than the picture, but perfectly cooked (the apples were moist and tender on the inside). I'm going to add chocolate chips to my next batch. These are delicious muffins."
"Amazing taste! My teenage-daughter made them & forgot to add the nuts, eggs & oil (?) - still very good. I can't wait to try them again with all the ingredients this time!"