- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes. Carefully stir in all remaining ingredients except walnuts; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture reaches desired thickness, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or cold. Stir in walnuts before serving. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each)
Reviews forCranberry-Apple Chutney
"Made this a couple of years ago. It was amazing. Hosting again this year and it will be on my table for sure!"
"Make extra, it is delicious with any roast meat or as a topping on many things."
"This is simply delicious. It makes a lot and I thought we would have trouble with too much left over. Not so, it is good atop plain yogurt for a dessert, it is good on top of oatmeal, it is just good to eat. Love, Love, Love."
"This is a new Thanksgiving tradition for our family - everyone loves it! I haven't modified the recipe at all. I don't always use the walnuts."
"This is the best ..... wont use regular cranberry sauce anymore.."
"I followed this recipe this exactly as instructed and it came out perfect. I had rave reviews from family and friends wo tried it. Its a keeper"
"This recipe is awesome. The only thing I did was omit the onions and the walnuts..This will be on my dinner table every year for the holidays."