- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes. Carefully stir in all remaining ingredients except walnuts; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture reaches desired thickness, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or cold. Stir in walnuts before serving. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each)
Reviews forCranberry-Apple Chutney
"This is simply delicious. It makes a lot and I thought we would have trouble with too much left over. Not so, it is good atop plain yogurt for a dessert, it is good on top of oatmeal, it is just good to eat. Love, Love, Love."
"This is a new Thanksgiving tradition for our family - everyone loves it! I haven't modified the recipe at all. I don't always use the walnuts."
"This is the best ..... wont use regular cranberry sauce anymore.."
"I followed this recipe this exactly as instructed and it came out perfect. I had rave reviews from family and friends wo tried it. Its a keeper"
"This recipe is awesome. The only thing I did was omit the onions and the walnuts..This will be on my dinner table every year for the holidays."
"This will be a new Thanksgiving tradition! Added a tiny bit of orange zest ----- loved it."
"My first time to make chutney, and this recipe didn't dissapoint. The cranberry, apple, raisins and onion really went well together and it tasted incredible! It tastes awesome over pork roast and it froze very well too. Will be making this again next year for SURE!"
"This was the 1st time I've made this recipe. I'm not a big raisin fan so replaced the raisins with chopped pineapple. It was awesome! I actually made 2 different recipes and, although they were both good, we liked this one best."