Cranberry-Apple Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- In a large saucepan, combine squash and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cove and simmer until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. drain. Spread the pie filling in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with squash. Combine cranberry sauce, marmalade and preserves; spoon over squash. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 180 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 29, 2012
Made this dish for Thanksgiving Dinner. It was awesome,and so easy to make. Found it to be even better the next day. Will be sure making it again.
Nov 9, 2011
I did not have everything on hand so instead of using canned cranberry sauce, I used dried cranberries (about a cup), and 2 tablespoons of orange juice instead of the orange marmalade and it still turned out great. I think I will try using fresh apples next time, because my family and I did not care for the pie filling, it didn't seem to go.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.