Cranberry and Spice Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine the pumpkin, oil, egg, buttermilk, butter flavoring and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to three 4-1/2x2-1/2x1-1/2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 234 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 4, 2014
I dont get canned pumpkin where I live so how much pumpkin purer do I need.
Apr 29, 2014
Great pumpkin bread. I used orange juice instead of buttermilk and baked in two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in mini loaves. It turned out very moist, soft and delicious. Next time, I'll double the recipe.
Oct 4, 2013
Excellent. This recipe fills my pan that makes 8 mini loaves of bread. This is the perfect size for those bag lunches or breakfast on the run.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.